Tagged along Maggie to KLCC today. Had Godiva chocolates~ :O~
As per required by the unit outline, i've spent about one day and a half to finish a 2000 words assignment. Maggie said it's good albeit i didn't give my best into this one, and so... Below is an extract of what i've wrote. xD Not perfect, it's rather bland and straight to the point, but i guess that's it.
Scene 5: Final Verdict
Tina made up her mind. She knew she has to approach the boss and speak her mind. It was difficult. She has to choose between the two – giving in to orders or getting fired, before she was able to land on such decision. Gathering her guts, she walked into the boss’s room the morning after an insomniac night.
Boss: Good morning. Is there anything I can do to help you?
Tina: Everything’s fine, boss. But I may need to use some moments to talk to you, is that alright for you now?
Boss: And what could it be about?
Tina: Regarding my assigned task on the Amazon Optimization. Your instruction was clear and easy to follow and the process couldn’t be any too difficult. Any interns would be able to deliver similar outcomes and in fact, any person could do so, perhaps without too much questioning. Everybody knows about the consequences. They are the kind of person. But now what you’re seeing is my kind of person. I find it far beyond my conscious to comply with your way.
Boss: I see, so you were having doubts. Like I said, things would be much easier if you don't.
Tina: More than anything else, the kind of person I am matters to me greatly.
Boss: So where are we heading in order to solve your problem?
Tina: I’d need your help in clarifying on this issue. I’ve the need to know more. Why do we have to optimize the books online this way, as I believe that we do have a conventional way of doing it?
Boss: That is the conventional way, Tina. And if not, what do you think the Internet is there for? Dear, anonymity is what most if not all publishing companies can see.
Tina: It’s not about what the Internet and everything else in this world is made for.
Boss: You know, Tina. From this world, there are thousands of instances where I can put on things that are still around and all, but only barely recognizable to its first day. Things evolve over time, and so as certain practices. Stripped-off of its plain simplicity, they are no longer the same and this has become a reality. Today’s what matters most. And what you’re seeing now is just one. So make my day, Tina.
Tina: I’d not disagree. But allow me for a little say. At times, I felt as if we’ve went all out, forsaking our boundaries.
Boss: I must say it’s inevitable. We’re here to adapt.
Tina: And at the same time, forgetting who we are.
That particular moment is not mind-boggling at all to Tina. She has become even more determined after the conversation with the boss. End of the worlds may be crashing down on her once again as she prepares to turn in for other jobs. And then, Tina remembers and draws strength from the words that sounded eloquently from her own head, that life’s not supposed to end this way.


0 comments:
Post a Comment